A good turnout for a Sunday morning, as we get ready for the pitches. But we have someone significant here…
#odcamp our Permanent Secretary Hugh Widdis supporting Open Data on a Sunday morning . Visible leadership from the top pic.twitter.com/3y2eycXNRB
— Iggy O'Doherty (@ICTiggy) October 22, 2017
#ODCamp 5 marks the first attendance of a Permanent Secretary at Open Data Camp.
Welcome Hugh Widdis!#opendata #ddj https://t.co/4T5Mrll6E4
— Giuseppe Sollazzo (@puntofisso) October 22, 2017
And we’re off…
Long line of pitches at #ODcamp this morning. Looking forward to the sessions! pic.twitter.com/SGjKV7Mh6v
— Kelly Moore (@kellym121) October 22, 2017
- How do you effectively engage the tech community to use open government data?
- Accessible file formats. Is there life beyond the five stars of open?
- ODI Nodes – what are they and why should you care?
- Open data and art – storytelling.
- The impact of private sector demand on open data.
- Why map open data? What do you get out of it? What data sources do you use?
- Create a shared doc about the reasons people don’t use open data – and solutions
- How do you overcome data quality concerns? Good enough – is it good enough?
- Who owns the data? How do you get it open, how do you share it – and how do you deal with people withdrawing?
Day 2 of #ODCamp. Thinking of pitching on the power of open data for public good @DetailData @odiBelfast @NICVA pic.twitter.com/Fobed7hBvb
— Andrea Thornbury (@AndreaThornbury) October 22, 2017
- How you use open data for public good…
- Dog-fooding brain-picking. How? What’s the best way?
- Case Studies of NI open data: what have we done for you lately?
- Data Catalogues – what are they and why do you publish them?
#odcamp ready set pitch – OD file format/ OD for tech/OD nodes/OD as art /OD private sector/OD Maps/is good enough good enough ?/champagning pic.twitter.com/9caT73PumJ
— Aidan McMichael (@titanic401) October 22, 2017
- Data Ethics Canvas – ethics before compliance!
- Open Data Challenges – how can we do them better?
- Gender data in the UK
- What do we do about wrong or inaccurate open data? Where are the 100m trees in Belfast?
- Meta-metadata – why do we publish it? Why should we publish it? What annoys us?
- Open data careers – there’s a lot of public or ex-public sector people here. How do you get involved – and what’s next?
- Building APIs for open data
- How can the community overcome arcane attitudes to data?
In case I pitch, here is some @foodgov reference data #ODcamphttps://t.co/Si1Fq8tw8qhttps://t.co/icijzb5amVhttps://t.co/t6i6YI12rg
— Sian Thomas (@drsiant) October 22, 2017
- FSA – the open data journey (with a focus on reference data)
- What’s the value of Open Data Camp to the local economy?
- Chatham House session on government data in the face of GDPR
- How can we help charities do more with open data?