The day has dawned bright and sunny on Open Data Camp 7’s final day. There’s a greta bunch of people present, the coffee is flowing, and it’s time to pitch. Here’s what’s on today’s menu:
Continue reading Open Data Camp 7: Day Two pitches
Open Data Camp 7 is underway — and this time, we’re in London. With rain driving outside, the Geovation offices are bright and buzzy, and a new wave of campers is waiting to pitch sessions.
Here’s what’s being offered for today:
- Sparql 101 – hands on session for linked data
- Decolonising data – colonising hasn’t ended for some countries. For example, Nigeria only became independent in 1960 – that impacts on the data sets
- So you want to start an open data business? Learn and share.
- Where does stuff come from – and where does it go? Data for supply and waste chains.
- What is non-commercial when it comes to database licences? A discussion.
- What should we teach the kids about data?
- How do we open a toilet data set? Business models for data providers.
- Metadata, especially qualitative metadata – how do we communicate bias and make it somewhat machine readable?
Continue reading Open Data Camp 7: Day One Pitches
A sunnier morning, a later start. Coffee and butteries consumed. It must be…
Continue reading Open Data Camp 6: Day Two Pitched
Welcome to the 6th Open Data Camp, in Aberdeen. It’s a grey morning outside, but the campers are full of coffee and pastries and getting ready to pitch the sessions for day one.
Continue reading Open Data Camp 6: day one pitches
A good turnout for a Sunday morning, as we get ready for the pitches. But we have someone significant here…
Continue reading Open Data Camp Belfast: Day Two Pitches
A very warm (and windy) welcome from Belfast, where we’re just getting underway with Open Data Camp 5. The pitches are about to begin…
Continue reading Open Data Camp 5: the pitches
It’s Sunday. Day Two. We’re starting a little late, possibly because a few people are looking rather tired, and a little sore…
But, hang last night’s revels! It’s time to… pitch!
Continue reading Open Data Camp 4: Sunday’s Pitches
Wales. Cardiff. The Pierhead. 10.30 on a Saturday morning. It must be Open Data Camp. It must be time for… The Pitches!
(If you’re not familiar with unconferences, this is were attendees suggest the sessions they’d run, and the rest votes…)
Continue reading Open Data Camp 4: The Pitches
A more relaxed – and by that, I mean “later” – start to the morning for most attendees, with one notable exception:
Continue reading Open Data Camp 3: Day 2