Open Data Camp 7 is underway — and this time, we’re in London. With rain driving outside, the Geovation offices are bright and buzzy, and a new wave of campers is waiting to pitch sessions.
Here’s what’s being offered for today:
- Sparql 101 – hands on session for linked data
- Decolonising data – colonising hasn’t ended for some countries. For example, Nigeria only became independent in 1960 – that impacts on the data sets
- So you want to start an open data business? Learn and share.
- Where does stuff come from – and where does it go? Data for supply and waste chains.
- What is non-commercial when it comes to database licences? A discussion.
- What should we teach the kids about data?
- How do we open a toilet data set? Business models for data providers.
- Metadata, especially qualitative metadata – how do we communicate bias and make it somewhat machine readable?